Redeemed & Restored: Do Not Think About What?
“Holy Spirit what do You say for me?”
Today’s episode of Redeemed & Restored is entitled: ‘Do Not Think About What?’ There is no cookie cutter Christian when walking with Christ. The greatest commandment love God and love your neighbors as yourself. Do not listen to the flesh! He wants us to fulfill the unique purpose He created us for so glorify Him with your thoughts words and actions. Say no to what dishonors Him and say yes to what does!
- Are you listening to the flesh?
- How to live a Christian life?
- What does the Holy Spirit say?
- Romans 13:12-14: “The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh.”
Athena Dean Holtz Episode Quotes
- “Lord, I surrender.”
- “Holy Spirit what do you say for me?”
- “Take a stand at gratifying the desires of the flesh.”
Self control. How to have self control? Are you listening to the flesh? Surrender to God.
Welcome, I'm Athena!
I start each day by tithing the first hour to the Lord in prayer, reading the word, doing word studies of the Text, and asking God how I can live out what I am reading. This time is usually met with meditation on devotionals that are usually written by dead guys like Oswald Chambers, CS Lewis, Charles Spurgeon, AW Tozer, and Andrew Murray.
Right now, I’m reading a daily devotional with a friend called Tozer on the Almighty God for my focus for the day. It's fun to see individually what pulls us in to spur one another on to good deeds!
The Bible is filled with action steps to walk out in practical and intentional ways. This sets my day in motion to walk it out! I hope this is your heart, too.
Consider this a personal invitation to join me in this journey!