"Fight or Flight—which does God want me to do?"
Today’s episode of Redeemed & Restored is entitled “Light in the Darkness!” In order for us to shepherd our minds well, we must be self aware about how we react to adversity in our lives … typically we will go one way or another … the fight response shows up as anger, while the flee response moves us to run away from the situation, put our heads in the sand, and isolate. I’m excited to share with you actual steps we can take to help us recognize our unhealthy responses and grow as we seek to be more emotionally and spiritually healthy.
- Psalm 18:28 – “The Lord my God lights up my darkness.”
- Ecclesiastes 7:5 – “It’s better to hear the rebuke of the wise than for a man to hear the song of fools.”
- Philippians 2:5 – “Have this same attitude in yourselves which was in Christ Jesus. Look to him as your example in selfless humility.”
Quotes from the Episode
- “In order for us to shepherd our minds well, we must be more self-aware about how we react to adversity in our lives.”
- “I praise God for loving mentores who began to teach me to pray the prayer, Lord, show me my heart as you see it.”
- “We must guide our thoughts to His word.”
Fight or flight. Light in the Darkness. Rebukes from the wise. Heart of God. Mind of God. Be like Jesus. How to react to adversity.