Redeemed & Restored: BOAT LESSONS
“Faith comes by hearing.”
Today’s episode of Redeemed & Restored is entitled: ‘Boat Lessons’. Don’t forget to see God in the ordinary! In everyday situations where there maybe be a lesson waiting for you. Are you hearing Him? Are you seeing Him? God may use the ordinary to give us a red flag or a warning sign to help us swiftly address something. Teachable moments in everyday opportunities; may be in business, ministry or personal relationships. We must move forward growing in grace, and realize that addressing conflict in everyday areas is always the best path to take.
- What does God expect of you?
- What is a red flag warning?
- How great is our God?
- Romans 10:17: “So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
- Matthew 16:6: “Be careful,” Jesus said to them. “Be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees.”
Athena Dean Holtz Episode Quotes
- “We first must hear. We must hear the voice of God for our faith to be built up and our understanding to come. “
- “What kind of ripples are we leaving behind us? Is Jesus shining through us?”
- “The only thing that can be redeemed are people, not practices.”
Hearing is believing. How to believe? How to have faith? Redeemed and Restored. Christian Podcast.
Welcome, I'm Athena!
I start each day by tithing the first hour to the Lord in prayer, reading the word, doing word studies of the Text, and asking God how I can live out what I am reading. This time is usually met with meditation on devotionals that are usually written by dead guys like Oswald Chambers, CS Lewis, Charles Spurgeon, AW Tozer, and Andrew Murray.
Right now, I’m reading a daily devotional with a friend called Tozer on the Almighty God for my focus for the day. It's fun to see individually what pulls us in to spur one another on to good deeds!
The Bible is filled with action steps to walk out in practical and intentional ways. This sets my day in motion to walk it out! I hope this is your heart, too.
Consider this a personal invitation to join me in this journey!