We’ve spent the last few weeks revealing the ramifications of trauma in our lives and allowing our wounds to become idols, opening ourselves to great deception by the enemy of our souls.
IN OUR LAST POST WE BEGAN TAKING STEPS TO GET BACK WHAT HAD BEEN STOLEN. NOW WE’RE GOING TO TRANSITION INTO THE AREA THAT WILL BRING THIS ALL TOGETHER. TAKE A FEW MINUTES AND TAKE THIS TEST.
HEART CHECK UP
- Do you feel uncomfortable around people who are “out of your league?”
- Do you find it easy to pick out others faults and do you do it readily?
- When others fail do you somehow feel more secure?
- Do you have patience when following someone who is slower than you?
- When driving, do you have a compulsion to pass cars in front of you, even if you aren’t in a hurry?
- If you admit your faults, does this threaten your security and peace of mind?
- Do you find a need to talk about yourself and achievements frequently?
- Do you find it difficult to admit it when you are in the wrong?
- Do you feel upset, “put out” or “bugged” for days after someone wrongs you?
- Does the memory of certain confrontations still hurt you?
- Are you angry at circumstances?
- Do you feel weighed down, depressed or oppressed, (like you’re carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders)?
- Is there “bad fruit” in your life, (i.e. outbursts of anger, strife, jealousy, envy, etc.)?
- Close your eyes and remember a time when someone hurt you. Do you feel the pain?
- Do you suffer from re-occurring physical problems?
- Have you become more and more cynical as time goes on?
- Is there anyone who has hurt you in the past who, when you think of them, causes immediate discomfort?
- Are you still tormented by what happened between you, does it still plague you?
- Do you inwardly long for revenge or to tell them off?
- Do you totally lack feeling for a certain person?
IF YOU ANSWERED YES TO 3 OR MORE OF THESE 20 QUESTIONS, YOU VERY LIKELY HAVE UNRESOLVED HEART ISSUES THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED. BEGIN TO ASK THE LORD NOW TO REVEAL THE ISSUES HE WANTS TO RESOLVE.
UNRESOLVED CONFLICTS OF THE HEART
It is foolish to try to ignore our heart problems. During this section of the series, we’re going to focus on some heart issues that must be addressed if we are going to grow in the Lord. I’ll leave you with some scriptures before we move on to the next post.
“For the Lord searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts.” I Chronicles 28:9b
“Examine yourself to see whether you are in the faith, test yourselves.” II Corinthians 13:5
“But if we judged ourselves we would not come under judgement from the Lord.” I Corinthians 11:31